Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Week of Salad Highlight

My week of salad sortof got sidelined by life, a 3 day weekend, and a trip to I-dee-ho. Instead of a painful recap of my fibrous outings, here's a highlight from last week's salad audit. Be excited.








My momma cooked up some delicious lettuce wraps. We just carefully pulled off full layers of iceberg lettuce. Here's your first, and I might add optional, step.



My pops is funny like that. When you eat at his table, you'll find yourself saying things like:

" Want some lettuce with your salt?"
or
" Need some bread with your butter?"

But I'll go easy on the old fart cause he's on a veggie kick and he's lost 11 pounds. Way to go, Daddio!



And here's the priest that will marry your salad in all its flavors.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As of today, he's lost 16 pounds--yeah!

Anonymous said...

that looks yummy - and seeing that snow in the backyard made me a little homesick to sit in a green recliner and look out over the fields. Ninn