Thursday, November 26, 2009

Black Friday Turkey Specials

Gutt bursting. Quiet gratitude. Warm family love. Doesn't it seem like Black Friday is like a bitchy ex-girlfriend showing up at your brother's wedding? I yearn for the simpler life, but don't want to pass up the opportunity to save some bucks. How come the pretty and long-lasting wood toys are never in the ads? I'm sick of stupid cartoon-licensed plastic crap.

Do I sound grateful?

I had a turkey cook-off with my mom today. My tiny girl turkey vs. mom's store-bought. Pretty oval platter split down the middle with my bird vs. Norbest. From family consensus of grandma, parents, cousins, auntie, and uncle...my turkey won. Plus it didn't live in a cage and get pumped with antibiotics. Go me.

Last year I experimented with Black Friday sales here. I am crossing my fingers that my post-script tip holds true this year as well.

As for tomorrow? I am torn and will wait to see if I can scrape my body off the sheets early enough for some deals I perused in the paper today. However, I must add that there are some deals online that I must must must share. Hot! Hot! tomorrow only. Plus no crazies.

Don't miss Deal #1

4-disc : HBO mini-series : award-winning : patriotic must-have : everyone who sees it loves it : blip and clip review here : "John Adams" on sale at Amazon for $18.99. That's over half off and well worth it. 501 minutes = over 8 hours of viewing pleasure.






If you are on my list this year, there's a good chance you're getting this just because I think it's necessary for any educated kid in the U.S. to see it. And any history buff. Or educated adult. Find the love right here.

Don't miss Deal #2

HBO does it again with hilarious duo, and real-life band, or musical two-some. Whatever you call them, they are definitely adorably nerdy and are "Flight of the Conchords". That's the band name and the name of this show. Season 1 & 2 are on sale for $9 tomorrow at Amazon online, or Target stores. In case they are news to you, feel the love below:




Stay in your seat and click here for Season One happiness. Season two is here.

Don't miss Deal #3





That adorable bucket has 2 seatbelts!

First, this bike ships fully assembled and ready to ride. The shipping costs are not clear to me...but this I know, they have never offered this beauty at this low cost before. $400 off the regular price of $1,299=$899.
Begin the process of using your car less, letting your kids unplug and enjoy the outdoors, and possibly getting some exercise while running errands with the Madsen Cream-Colored Bucket Seat Bike(cream color only). Link is here.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Quick Link List: John Adams, S1-Conchords, S2-Conchords, Madsen Bike.

Post-Edit: When I first posted this late last night after getting 5 hours of sleep the night before, I thought the ad said the bike was $400...not $400 OFF. Lame. Still an awesome deal but not quite so screaming. Also, shipping costs are usually around $150, and ship out of Salt Lake City.

6 comments:

Andrew said...

I was trying to be so good this Black Friday, but you are tempting me! I love the John Adams idea, and that bike makes me salivate.

Candice

Kelly Bryson said...

Hey Amber- We watched John Adams via Net flix and it was great (for history), but we don't feel a need to own it. We have a bike trailer that we love- but it gets really heavy pulling Eli and Jojo up hills. Down is a lot of fun, though. Happy Thanksgiving.

Lee Family said...

thanks. me get john adams for Jared mum word

Anonymous said...

Glad I got to shop with you. Thanks for sharing Thanksgiving with us. Lots of love.

Nat said...

Hi there. The Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University Course was around $100 for the course materials - the class itself is free. (He gives a discount to church groups who facilitate the course - otherwise I think it's around $150 or so.) It's 13 weeks and you actually get a graduation certificate if you attend 12 out of 13. You get his hard cover book, a workbook, the cash envelope wallet system, the 13 cd's of the course to listen to in the car (my 11 year old loves them) and more. Plus, once you purchase the class materials, you or anyone in your immediate family can take the class for free forever. This class has changed me. It is INCREDIBLE how empowering it is. I want to share it with everyone. Go to Daveramsey.com and click 'Classes' then 'Find a class' then type in your zip code and you will find many classes in your area that are being facilitated (mostly by church groups and banks) I'lll bet there will be a lot starting up at the beginning of the New Year because of all the New Year resolutions that people like to do. Any way, hope this helps. It was the best 100 bucks I have ever spent.
Have a wonderful day and ..... Love your blog!

-Natalie

Jenny said...

Man, that bike is such a beauty. Maybe I should start saving now for the future and peddling around children in that thing!