Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Week of Love: Tuesday

We're having a celebration of love this week, as manifested through the lips. Yo people. Email me your kissing pictures to mrsolsenipresume[at]gmail[dot]com so I can feel the love this week. If you show me enough of the good stuff, I just might post my awkward desperate love poetry from my high school notebook. It'll be fun!

In the meantime, I have a tip for the masses of point-and-shoot photographers who drool with envy when they see real pictures taken with expensive cameras. It's called Picasa 3, and I'm getting my full cheese on by turning my pics into black and white, graining them out, and then highlighting cheesy little hearts in full color. If you always wanted to learn how to Photoshop, but never had the time or money...trust me...Picasa is a great tide-me-over. I turned this:



Into this:

I'm not going into business or anything, but you have to admit that it's an improvement. I even gave them a love glow. Are you feeling it? I'm appreciating the long lines stretching shoulder to toe on Jackson, dipping his bride of less than two years.

Jackson and Celeste. What makes their love unique? They rock the glasses with style. Give Sandra Bullock glasses, and she's the ugly duckling in Love Potion #9. Give Jackson and Celeste glasses, and they work it like Sarah Palin (but in a better way). I'm also positive I could have found a dozen pictures of them lip-locked just by stalking their facebook page, they are just full of life and passion like that.

Because they seem to embody the newlywed kiss, I had to share this photo of my sister Niki and her Justin-Timberlake-look-alike-husband, Jared. I added the cheesy by doing a soft focus on everything except the lovely wedding band, all on Picasa.


Thank you! I'm here all week. Here's the crap they gave me to work with:




okay so I took it. I gave myself the crap to work with. But they posed themselves on a perfectly washed out day on the coast of Maine. See how Picasa is my friend?

Of course a full lip-lock is not required to make it on the kissing wall. Here's the sis pretending to be coy with her man:

This one is full on cheesy. Timberlake's obviously been out clubbing with hootchie mama's because his lip curl is totally fake. And the sissy's eyeroll is neutralized by a lip about to turn up. I guuuesssss.... that means that they're really in love! So maybe that's a good thing.

Jared and Niki. What makes their love unique? They somehow embody full on intelligence on a nerdy level but still are cool. Not many people can do that. I can't look at this picture without picturing Jared going slack-jawed and hamming it up like Homestar Runner, then wondering in awe if that's the same guy that's getting screaming A's at his medical residency at Harvard. And the sis is the same way. She started a cold-calling salesman job all by herself, then sold it a year later for more than an SUV with all the upgrades. Smart. Charismatic. And yet, they can rock it in the grown-up world but come home to karaoke, wrestling, and bad Space Ghost impersonations together at the end of the day.


5 comments:

Lee Family said...

You're so creative. Are you really going to create a kissing wall in your house? I want to see it in July. I can't wait to see more kissing pictures.
Thanks for the cool compliments.
Will we be seeing kissing pics of you and hubby??
love ya
ninn

The MontaƱo’s said...

AMBER! I'm so glad you saw my blog. Awesome. How are you? Your blog rocks! How is the 29th ward? So, after having #3, we're considering a mini van, so thanks for keepin track of your mileage, Totally helps! I'll be keeping tabs on this blog!!

Anonymous said...

You know, it's funny because I just found a card that I tucked in Stan's suitcase when he went on a business trip and I wrote the word "snogging" (for the first time in my life) to describe a wedding photo of us that was enclosed. My parents went to McBride (formerly Andersen) Photo when it was going out of business and got a bunch of proofs of the entire clan through various life-changing moments. Anyway, I'm not sure I can send it to you because, despite the photographers being defunct, it may still be copywrited.

I really think this is a great idea even though I'm not sending you anything at this time, and I can't wait to read your poetry.

Wendy

Mrs. Olsen said...

Wendy, send me the picture. I'll spin it and grain it and it will be pure delight.

Lee Fam- I just don't know if I will make it on the kissing wall. The Mister of the House is so cranky in front of a camera...

Christa, thanks for coming to play. I don't live in the 29th ward anymore, but I keep tabs once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Amber, you have my permission to use one of the kissing pictures you took of us.