Sunday, April 28, 2013

How to Make a Veggie Arrangement (in Pictures)

Last Christmas my mom gave me a fun carrot peeler.  She learned how to make veggie bouquets at Relief Society, then became veggie connoisseur to me and the granddaughters during our family Christmas party.  She gave us a fun tutorial, then slipped in the secret peeler into our Christmas stash.


I think these pictures are quite self-explanatory.  
The only tips I could give would be this:
  • Buy this carrot curler
  • Use the right-half of your brain
If I hadn't been in such a hurry, I would have tried to perfect the radish roses a little better.  I also think having mini cookie cutouts to make cleaner shapes with the cucumber would have been nice.

The veggies I used:
  • Big real carrots for peeler
  • Romaine
  • Long wooden Kabob Sticks
  • Green Onions to slide over sticks to make flower stems
  • Celery to make a support for the flowers
  • Olives
  • Radishes
  • Cucumber
  • Green Pepper to hold Ranch Dipping Sauce
  • baby carrots for dipping
  • cherry tomatoes
Picture tutorial begins now:






















Too pretty to eat?  I think not!

9 comments:

Janet O. said...

Way too much fun with vegetables, Amber!!
Now we know what to expect from you on the buffet table at the next family party, right? : )
Good job, girl. I'm impressed!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. It's really quite fun, isn't it? Love, mom

Aimee said...

This is amazing! I had no idea this was even possible :)
Super fun! Thanks for sharing :)

LGH said...

WOW, this is stunning....what a great appealing way to get kids to eat vegetables....this makes it fun!

Rands Family said...

that is cool you make it look really great! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Awesome!

Holly said...

Wowza, Amber, what got into you? I've seen fruit arrangements, but never veggie. Way to go!

jennaloha said...

love it! You can decorate for the reunion with these :)

jennaloha said...

Love it! You can decorate our reunion with those! :)