Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jig



Late last night, almost a full week after delivering this little guy, we actually got to come home! While the infection in the lungs is gone, one of the resulting symptoms of the infection lingers: hypertension.

So with a prescription for oxygen to help alleviate work on his heart until the hypertension drops down, we headed home. It was the first time Rainbow Girl was able to see her brother in person. "The boys" will have to wait, since we decided our transition would be easier if they played at Grandma's house for the week.

I tell you what, every baby should have an older sister, especially one who is so excited about them.

Last Tuesday we woke Rainbow Girl up around 4 a.m., told her we were driving to Salt Lake to have the baby, and that she needed to look after the boys until Grandma came. She never went back to sleep she was so excited, and later in the morning she decorated the house for an impromptu birthday party for the baby.

One week later and the balloons have lost some gusto, but the decorations still stood.



Here's the little guy in the moses basket at the foot of my bed. Aaahhh...sooo good to be home.

Later tonight I was changing the water in some flowers that were on the table, underneath I found these little notes written by big sister.



"Whith love and peace, I hope you can care for that sweet little Gideon. I love you so much, guys! So I hope you can still have fun whith us and this busy baby. I love you sooooo much. Love, Chloe"



"Through all the things, evrything, I know you can handle this. So stop that cryin and start livin again, the only thing thats differen is the new baby. Love, Chloe"

My heart is full, even fuller than my dang chest. Thank goodness that the prayers of children are so powerful, I'm counting on her petition over the coming weeks (and months as the bills start showing up...ugh). I'm loving her cowboy sensibilities...stop that cryin and start livin again!

Good Night!
Mrs. Olsen

13 comments:

heather nan said...

Seriously? That girl is amazing... her words? Sorry I missed you, take care Olsens.

Ms. Fish said...

sweet, sweet, sweet.

angenette said...

I never know what to say when things are tough. She knew exactly what to say. Next time I'm going with "Stop your cryin!"

Kelly Bryson said...

So glad you guys are home. You've been in my prayers. I loved your comment about baby being a giant in ICU- we have a new nephew that was born at 4lbs 8 oz- so I know what you mean.
I loved your response to the talk about pain in Gen Coference, too. Thanks for sharing. Love you!

And PS- I'll be in UT in June. Can I come see you for a few hours? email me- kellybryson02(at)hotmail(dot)com.

Rands Family said...

Glad that you made it home. Your daughter is so sweet. I am sure that she is going to be a big help.Hope he contuines to get better.

JeffT said...

I am so glad you are home! That is a long and exhausting week. Gideon looks so cute in the moses basket. Hopefully you can get rid of the machinery soon. Call me if you need any help. I know how hard this can be...we had the same thing with Kalissa. And she came home with oxygen too.

Janis said...

Hurray for being home and hurray for Chloe! She is quite the daughter and sister!

Anonymous said...

We love you and the boys are doing great!

Patty said...

Touching, sweet story. What a good mama.

Unknown said...

Made me cry! So happy your little one is home. Still sending love and prayers your way and know that if you ever need someone to vent to or cry on, I am here!

paula said...

Looks like Rainbow girl has got the gift of touching people with her written words like her momma. What a sweet girl. I'm so glad you guys are home now. I hope the adjustment is smooth. Luvs.

Celeste said...

Bless her heart and all your family. So glad that Gideon is off oxygen now! Love you!

jennaloha said...

Hey Amber! Hope your baby boy is doing well. I was pretty worried about you and giant Junior and am so glad you have this fun blog so I have been able to get to know you all these years after high school...when we should have been better friends anyway, right. (At least we have Boise:) (Remember that?)

Can't wait to hear about your new adventures in babyhood. Lovesies from AZ.