Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day

The first time I became aware of Earth Day, was when there was a massive televised event in Washington D.C. with the Indigo Girls and various celebrities. Between live telecasts with acoustic folksy bands were celebrities sharing earth-loving tips. The only quote I remember from that event was when Chevy Chase said: "Save water, shower with a friend!" My young girl heart was shocked and was never the same again.


A couple years later I learned that this Earth Day crowd in D.C. left piles and piles and piles of trash all over the park they were enjoying. Go figure.


So in honor of our good earth, maybe you just do one little thing help our air, water, or power grid. Here's some ideas for you.
Get your reusable grocery bags TODAY : plant a tree...or your garden : Shower with a spouse ;) buy reusable sandwich sacks for lunch duty : Wind! Turn OFF computer :

goodbye.

5 comments:

jennaloha said...

I didn't shower today. Does that count?

jenhirr said...

I rarely shower...and sometimes I pee outside and don't waste toilet paper. Is that good.

Mrs. Olsen said...

My kind of gals here. If you want french fries tonight come over for some hair grease ;)

Lee Family said...

Does marijuana smoke at Indigo girl concerts pollute the air? Porter and Jared collected 60 soda pop cans to recycle!

Unknown said...

LOL I agree with the no showering thing and lucky for the earth there is always at least one person who needs me IMMEDIATELY as soon as I actually step in to the shower so I keep them quick! And I make everyone eat leftovers so there is less waste on nights I don't feel like planning and cooking. That falls into the reuse category doesn't it?!