Friday, March 15, 2013

Easter Nature Basket Bursting with Life and Easter Countdown

I often feel like Easter doesn't get enough attention, so we are hitting it early this year.  I was very excited when I saw this Easter Countdown.  It is a full 30 days!  We started it late and so will finish just after LDS General Conference, which seemed appropriate and a good prep for hearing the Prophets words.

My mother-in-law gave us a mitten tree for Christmas.   Since mitten weather is nearly over (thank goodness) we used it to hang our Easter tags.  Every day me and the kids take down a tag and learn about all the different titles of Jesus Christ.  So far we have covered his birth, Jehovah, and Messiah.  After our study, the tag goes into our HUGE Easter Basket exploding with life and springtime energy and life.

 This is our new reading corner for the kids.  Lots of times baby Giddy brings me the sheepskin rug to snuggle him up while I rock him in the big rocker.  He is such a cuddly stinker and I love it!

This coat rack no longer accepts stinky shoes in the bottom.  It is now dedicated to a rotation of library books.  It has helped keep things manageable, in view, and USED.  Here's Giddy reading the Easter book we just checked out from the library.

Our Nature Easter Basket was first used as a changing table for Chloe.  Nowadays, it comes out for a combined Easter Basket for the family.  This year, we are celebrating Nature and the return of Spring as we countdown to Easter.  Our little turtle is bedecked with springtime jewels (with hot glue, which will easily pull off should we see fit) and is slowly marching his way to the basket of plenty.


  Our Nature Basket is lined with moss and filled with eggs, seashells, and our favorite Butterfly in a Jar.  The kids love to pick up the shells and listen for the ocean!



 I'm starting to feel like my homey Bunny doesn't fit in around here.  I wish you could see the butterfly in the jar better.  When you tap the lid, he flutters around and amazes all my little friends at Church Primary.

 My kids were slightly disappointed that the eggs had no treats.  One day they may just be surprised to find something inside.


Tonight we are learning about Jesus as Creator and will be starting our Easter Hill with Wheat Grass.  Thank you wizard mother at Chocolate on my Cranium!

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Oh, to go back and do Easter over again with my children with all of your great ideas!

Anonymous said...

I love what you are doing to prepare for Easter. I'll email you an Easter FHE from our ward. Love, Mom

LGH said...

WOW, awesome ideas.

Holly said...

You've always been an amazing woman and mama. You inspire me! Love and miss you