Monday, June 18, 2012

My Own Private Idaho

On the very northern shore of the big Bear Lake, lies a beach with the swoosh and whir of the ocean tide. The lake is sooo big, the background mountains so perfectly blended into blue sky, the rolling waves so consistent, I told myself "welcome back to the Pacific".

The Mister and I both love the coast. Not in the bikini way mind you. Oregon Coast = perfection (you get my drift: rocks, crashing, calling, exploring).

So since I was fooled, it seemed the perfect test for baby. Does he take after ma n pa?

After watching from afar, I decided I needed to keep the kid from washing away. So I threw off my sneakers, and rushed to the edge with my Tina Fey feet covered in socks.

My life has hit a new low. In my efforts to salvage my pride, I have none. But at least all the Olsen family didn't have to gag, I didn't have to have itchy dry feet, and the baby got to respond to the primal call for ocean.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take those socks off! Your feet are beautiful!

Aimee said...

You are too funny Amber! I love it :)