Monday, May 21, 2012

Perfection Reflection

When you crawl out of bed and greet yourself in the bathroom mirror; or get ready to go out and try to look skinnier and prettier than you feel;  or catch a glimpse of yourself in the grocery store's window front and wonder who the raggedy-haired scrounge in front of you is...do you smile? Cringe? Avoid yourself? 


I find myself watching black and white golly-gee-goodness sitcoms and see droves of people coiffed, clean, and respectable.  I audibly suggest people should take more pride in their appearance, all the while being surprised at my own when I venture to the store in my garden jeans and oily braids.


But here's a lesson we got this weekend from the sweet innocence of a baby (not quite a toddler).  The Mister turned the viewer to Giddy, so he caught his own reflection...and registered delight!





How does your reflection register with yourself?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Like.

Clay said...

I laughed the whole way through that video! What a CUTE KID!

Anonymous said...

So darling. I wish I were that pleased with myself in the mirror.

Derek said...

Cute. Reminds me of Clay and the mirror.

Mrs. Olsen said...

Derek, as the oldest you remember more than I do. Clay and the mirror? Refresh please?

Jackson & Celeste said...

OMGoodness. That was truly special.

Aimee said...

too cute Amber. Gideon's grins are priceless!

LGH said...

Amber, besides being a delightful video clip, the questions you pose are very thought-provoking and cause a person to think...really good post.

Lee Family said...

We watched it 4 times and laughed harder with each time. Three letters . . . AFV . . . I can see the future winner of the $100,000 right there. I'm serious - they love clips like that as did we!