Thursday, February 2, 2012

Valentine aversions and affirmations 2012


Even though we had a brown/gray Christmas- there has still been a winter hibernation going on. Nursing the boy has been good for hibernation, but bad for my hygiene and sense of accomplishment.

This week I attempted to stretch and yawn out of my cave. I must have an aversion to stupid rip-apart valentines that are just commercials for Nickelodeon and are just a paper trail harvest for a tiny piece of candy.

Small pile of candy on the left. Huge stack of impersonal, never-read valentine garbage on the right.


So I decided to use Picnik (so much fun) to make some fun valentines for the mutts. Here's a sneak peek:



8 comments:

Aimee said...

ummmm...super adorable Amber! You're right...these are so much better than the purchased ones.
I love them!

LGH said...

Amber, I have been loving these when you posted them on Facebook; they are awesome with so MUCH personality. You rock, by the way!

paula said...

These are amazing Amber! You are so talented....always have been. You were doing stuff like this back in Jr. High. Maybe we should come out of winter hibernation together and go to lunch or something.

Lee Family said...

I love these cute valentines.

Anonymous said...

These are so creative! Love them.

Kelly Bryson said...

These are so cute! I don't think I'd have time to do that since Vday is over and I always wait until the night before to even start thinking abou t cards. My kids signed theirs around the breakfast table:) Love you!

jennaloha said...

Aren't you so sad that picnik is dying? You got me hooked on it and now I have to go through the five stages of grief.

Anonymous said...

We need some new posts.