Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Why I just spent $25 on Picnik photo software

I'm not an amazing photographer, but I do enjoy it. In the past I have enjoyed the editing tricks with google's free picasa software. It was free and good, but lacked a lot of professional photoshop tools. However, I did just bite the bullet in the form of 25 big ones to pay for an annual subscription to Picnik. They also offer free editing options, but their premium tools looked like they would be totally worth it. Here's why I recommend picnik for people that love to take photos.





Look familiar? I totally understand the damage that photoshopping women to creamy fuzzy skin, giraffe necks, and pencil legs is doing on the female population. However, I didn't want to hang this on my wall without some semblance of a waist. The premium clone feature helped me with that. Yay! Pass the cake ;)



There's a lot of scrapbooking drag and drop features with the subscription. This holiday one was preset and I just dragged an existing picture into it. They also have scrapbook pages that you can choose from.



And lastly, they have lots of seasonal tools that you can apply. The whole family was getting into it! Here, The Mister of the House turned little Buddha Boy into Wolverine in honor of our upcoming candy holiday.

7 comments:

LGH said...

Okay, now I am going to have to think about this purchase for myself. It's because of your pictures and some of the fun things you have done, that I use Picasa. I'm NOT really a photographer, but I do like some of the things you do on your pictures...so, I'm thinking....I'll keep you posted.

Nat said...

Love it! I've used picnik's free tools before. And have contemplated buying there software. I love what you have done...That Christmas card is gorgeous and that little werewolf is really awesome. I love his outfit!

paula said...

I love picnik....I use the free tools often and each time I do I say to myself, "Just buy the premium package." This may have just pushed me over the edge to do so.

Anonymous said...

On the Christmas card, why did they put an apostrophe in Olsens? Love the pictures.

Holly said...

fabulous! I look forward to all of the amazingly creative things you will do with this!

jennaloha said...

I think the Wolverine should be the Christmas card.

Lee Family said...

leave it to Marilyn to talk about the apostrophe. CANTELOUPE, CANTELOUPE, CANTELOUPE!