Tuesday, November 9, 2010

ultrasound

Today I drove 100+ miles to my chosen Birth Center to get my single appointed ultrasound for the offspring growing in my gutt. The argument for moms that wait until the birth to find out the gender applies to those who get their 20 week ultrasound as well. It's still Christmas morning with a glittering mystery unveiled beneath the tree. Except now I get to paint, clean, organize clothes, and name my kid before I'm sleep-deprived, exploding with milk, and hormonal.

But those darn ultrasounds never quite make it as real as you want. You see in shadows and types, and take the doctor's word for what is what. You still have to wait to hold that kid, see if the eyes are brown like yours or blue like your man's. Plus my favorite trick has to wait which is this: sticking my upper lip right in the crease between baby's toes and the pad of the foot. Those little toesies curve the lip like a kiss.

So yeah, today I found out if Rainbow Girl gets a sissy or if she's going to be surrounded by little brothers all the day long. Drumroll please....




It's a boy!



It's not quite the same. My trick will have to wait. Good night.

14 comments:

Wendy said...

Many congrats lady. Way to trust your gut. I am really happy for you.

alison said...

Congratulations, Amber!! I had no idea you were expecting. What a lucky little guy!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Love, Mom & Dad
This makes Number 21.

paula said...

Congratulations! There's just something about a little boy and his momma. I hope everything else looked good. Why are you driving 100+ miles to have the baby?

Tami said...

Congrats!!!!

heather nan said...

21 for W & M, now that is some serious offspring!
Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Aw, Amber, I am so happy for you. What a lucky baby to be born into such a great family.

P.S. Tell Rainbow girl that having all brothers isn't so bad . . . although it takes a few years before they stop being annoying.

Jen Adair said...

Congrats!!!! I wonder if he will be blond like laef or brown like issac? So fun!!!!

Holly said...

How exciting!! Three of one gender is pretty awesome :)
Love you!

jennaloha said...

Poor Rainbow Girl. I was the same, the oldest with only brothers. I cried when my mom and dad called and said my 4th brother was born- but just for a minute and then I realized how lucky I was to get to be a big sister and have access to my own baby all the time. I knew my friends would be jealous and really that's all that's important when you're 10.

So congrats to you and Rainbow Girl :)

Monica said...

A boy?! Is that what you ordered? Congrats!! My girls will be sad. Guess you will have to try again...

Lee Family said...

try again . . . that is the question of the day. can't wait to see the third Mandrell brother. We will love him and squeeze him and hold him and hug him.

Kelly Bryson said...

Haha! I thought when I saw the two pairs of shoes that you were having twins. Congrats! We'll have the same mix- 3b, 1g. Congrats!

LGH said...

Amber, this is all good. Another little boy to help with the farm chores, while Rainbow girl does the cooking and the laundry. But, this is one lucky little boy to be part of your wonderful family!