Saturday, July 3, 2010

Overheard

Overheard recently here at Mrs. Olsen's house...


Mrs. Olsen: Where are we taking the kids this year on vacation? We never go anywhere! I need some Oregon Coast. Do you realize our boys have NEVER seen the Oregon Coast? We need to make some memories for our kids and we never....

After poking and prodding, The Mister of the House reminded me that we have a big yard with lots of chickens, and that our kids are making some memories every day just living.

Like this video. My little guy goes nuts when the chickens "get out" and come into the yard. Birds chirping, and if you listen closely, you'll hear The Buddha Baby humming his own theme music. My own little Cronk.

Yes we still need some Oregon Coast, but for the moment I am content to save a few hundred bucks from our non-existent travel budget and chase some chickens instead.

5 comments:

LGH said...

Great great attitude. Your mister-of-the-house's advice is very wise, and your accepting attitude is so admirable.

Can't thank you enough for coming the other night. Amber, you are the best.

Anonymous said...

In a few years, let's all do the Oregon coast. Loved the video--he is too cute.

Lee Family said...

pretty much . . . dang cute.

dreamofjean said...

Amber, I soooo was wanting an Oregon coast experience as well last week when my hubby took two of the kids to the Tetons, leaving me with the other two who felt deprived and bored. I desperately tried everything to come up with that dream trip with the $100.oo my husband had allowed me, but to no avail. I ended up driving to the mountains and enjoying the beauty that surrounds us right here in our backyards. Wasn't quite the same without the ocean, but it did for the meantime. I'm game for saving up a while, and I'll take that trip with you in the future!
P.s. I think we're sister soul mates cause I've never found anyone else who appreciates and longs for the coast as I do:)

Mrs. Olsen said...

Mom, yes please. Can we all go? I don't want you to trip on slippery tidal rocks though.

Jeannie, I would have LOVED if you could pull of a spontaneous trip to the coast for just $100. I want one. We do live in a pretty place. I should plan a stay-cation and get out of the house! p.s. good to know a soul sister is so close!