Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Citrus Week Recipe: Lime-Cilantro Salad Dressing

Limes take the stage for our first citrus week recipe. This is the first official home-made salad dressing I've made this year, and I say It's about dang time. So here's the deal with this recipe, it came from a book of recipes beloved by my sister Monica. I wish you could come and eat at her house, because it would be healthy, delicious, and from scratch. She's also a wizard cause she figured out how to make that blessed salad dressing from our favorite FreshMex restaurant Cafe Rio.





Here's our ingredient list:


Throw these portions in your blender:

1 1/3 cups sour cream
3/4 cup mayonnaise
4 TBL. green salsa
juice of 1 large lime (or 2 small limes)
1 bunch cilantro
1 pkg. dry ranch dressing mix
2 cloves garlic
1/8 tsp. tabasco sauce



I mixed it all together and this is what I got!





And on a sidenote, since viewing Food Inc. we have been watch-dogging the ingredient list on our food. This salsa wins! I could understand what ALL of the ingredients were, and so will you. Ingredients include: Tomatillos, Roasted Anaheim Green Chiles, Salt, and Garlic.



I bought it at Smith's Marketplace for $2.99. Thanks El Pinto!

4 comments:

LGH said...

Looks mighty tasty, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

Love that dressing.

Monica said...

If I remember right, this dressing will keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks. Also, when I mix this up, I use light mayo and fat-free sour cream and it still tastes great!

paula said...

I love this dressing. Does Monica know how to make the vinaigrette version of this?

This reminds me....I told you a couple months ago that I had a few "from scratch" dressing recipes for you and I still haven't got those to you. Sorry. I will this weekend.