Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Want My Mommy

My child has a disturbing attachment to me. I know and appreciate the fact that in ten years I'll be a dweeb to him (is that word still in use?), and so try to absolutely treasure our closeness right now. Here is a picture of the proximity he maintains to me about 75% of the time.

Some days are better than others, and this is a day that little Buddha Baby is sick. Yesterday too. Totally thrashed and needing to regenerate, I put him down for naps at least 3 times yesterday. Then I sit and debate how long I should let him cry as his hoarse little voice gets raspier and raspier. He needs sleep!


This is the saddened version he turns into if I move approximately 2 feet away from him. I finally just gave him a sucker in his high chair so I could get some cleaning done (but not much).
Mom? I miss you. I try not to give you guilt trips about being so far away from home, but know that today you are truly missed and I need you! (but I will be okay, I promise)

2 comments:

Monica said...

Such a cute Buddha baby! I'm sorry if he's driving you bananas. I thought for sure he'd grow out of that phase before now, but what do I know? Come to Idaho Falls and let me be your mom.

Mrs. Olsen said...

Aawww. Thanks! I needed that.