Monday, November 24, 2008

Free Dinner for....is it you?

The Mister of the House and I have been married nearly a decade. So I'm not sure if the culprit I seek did their deed then, or if it was during some Christmas blur. But to my defense, we have moved approximately seven times since we've been married okay? I know that you quietly think I'm an ingrate. I'm sorry! I'm talking about the crockpot you gave me many years ago. I finally pulled it out of the box.



For visual interest, we threw a Buddha Baby and an apple into the mix. But look at that cute crockpot! It spent years in the back of my cupboards because I kept using my enormous crockery pot instead. Eventually I just forgot about it.

When you move, everything comes out of the woodwork, including old missionary letters, skinny jeans, and your husband's hippie paraphernalia from his former life. Moving is such an emotional chore.



Love that my kid appears to be choking? *Hack!* He's okay I promise, just a regular cough, not a choking cough. Phew.

Herm? Was it you? Monica? Derek? Secret Admirer?

Whoever it was, as a thank you I'm having you over for dinner. Maybe I'll make it in this crockpot, but there are no guarantees. Likely I will make it in the crock, since I just found this crazy lady that uses her crockpot every day! Check it.

I'm talking about the crisp and beautiful one-hundred dollar bill taped to the underside of the lid. I practically ruined it when I made nacho dip for my friends last week! Don't worry though, I saved it from the cheese, and lovingly spent it! Aaah.

Anyway, from the bottom of my heart...what a great gift and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Love,
Mrs. Olsen

6 comments:

Kristen, Marshall, Eliza, and Peter said...

I was wondering when you were going to thank me. What time should I come over for dinner?

Seriously though, that rules. There was a whole King of Queens episode based on this same scenario. Congrats on findng a hundred bucks.

Jenny said...

That is awesome! 10 years! I can't believe it took you that long to find it!

Monica said...

I wish it was me because I'd love to see you whip up something fabulous in that crockpot. Like molten chocolate cake... wait, that's not a meal. But, it could be...

Angie said...

Did you seriously find a hundred bucks? Wow. I get excited when I find a dollar bill in the pocket of my freshly washed jeans!

We opened one of our wedding presents to find a "congratulations" card written to some good friends of ours who were married just before we were! Stinkin re-gifters!

Mrs. Olsen said...

Ting, you so funny.

The hundred lovingly made up the cash difference I needed to buy a gently used couch for the front room. Wahoo!

Angie, did you ever see (the edited version) of Old School? There are some classic re-gifting scenes in that movie. I don't know if it's worse than the gift Monica got for her wedding, some used (stained) place mats.

Lee Family said...

No WAY! You didn't tell me that. What a Christmas-like day. Congrats. You deserve $100. What are you going to spend it on?