Thursday, October 23, 2008

Autumn Treasures in the Country

Quasi-country living means neighbors with roosters crowing in the morning, horses peeking over the fence to watch you play in the backyard, and my autumn favorite....HUGE pumpkin patches. Just a few miles away, a fellow villager has placed all of his pumpkins in his field and relies on the honor system to get paid. Such trust and abundance resides here in the country.


And what a bargain! Two for a buck! I found the perfect pumpkin for my porch....right....over...

there!



Come here my little squash.


I love the crisp air. I love soup! Jenny from Simple Life Love just posted the prettiest pumpkin soup recipe ever, so I wanted to post a link. I will be trying it soon! In the meantime I will be devouring this pumpkin with squishes and kisses.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has got to be the cutest little pumpkin that I have ever seen!

Tami said...

What a cute pumpkin!!

Anonymous said...

What a cute pumpkin. Loved the write-up.

Anonymous said...

I can't stop smiling! Could there be a better month that October? or
a pumpkin cuter than Buddha Baby? I hear a resounding NO. Thanks for
sending me such cheer. Love Cozy

Jenny said...

Ahh! He's so cute! I love it!

Thanks for posting a link! I hope you enjoy the soup!

Lee Family said...

somehow I missed this post. Maddy is a pumpkin too! Baby son is tooooo cute. Those are the most charming pictures. And 2 for $1.00 - HOLY CRAP! I've never heard of such a deal. I paid $4.00 each for my pumpkins and that was a good deal.
love ya